Thursday, December 8, 2011

Colette Madeline Mini-Bloomers

I've had quite the time with this pattern, the Colette Madeline Mini-Bloomers.

 My first try was in late September/early October, but I was rushing through. I didn't finish any of the seams, and when you're trying to feed 4 casings full of tiny elastic... it just doesn't work.

Fear not! I'm coming to a close on Mom's shirt (New Look 6754, review soon!) and wanted to work on something somewhat easy for myself.

This pattern calls for a lightweight fabric, I'm imagining something boxer-shortsesque. I really wanted a plaid flannel version, and I remembered I had this fabric in the stash, collected from my Mother years ago. I had over four and a half yards!

Last night I cut out and assembled the shorts, and tonight I'll construct the casings, hopefully feed elastic and hem.  I was in a hurry and only took two photos, but here they are! I didn't take the time to match plaids, that will be for another day.

Short overview

My first flat felled seam!

Updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Post Previous Post Home