I'm so excited to finish this project that I want to share my progress, even though due to my iron outage I won't be able to completely finish until Thursday.
I love this tank pattern and will be making a bunch more. This is a cotton sateen from Lisette's Fall 2011 fabric collection. My friend Devon bought the sister fabric in a set of reds, oranges and browns. She's currently turning it into a Colette Jasmine blouse with a contrasting tie. Can't wait to see it finished!
The instructions to assemble the Wiksten tank are simple to follow. I omitted the pocket, but may possibly add a contrasting one to break up the pattern a bit.
This tank top is only 2 pieces, really. I opted to finish all the seams with grey bias tape. You guys, I actually hemmed this piece. BEFORE I DID ANY OF THE OTHER OPENINGS. I got the hem and neck done, and half way through one of the arms before my iron died.
I'll post a photo of the finished product, but I'm really looking forward to making up a few versions of this.