header

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Completed: Floral Coppelia


I completed this Papercut Patterns Cooppelia Cardy back in December. Riding high right after I finished my Rigel Bomber, I cut this pattern out and got to work, finishing it in a few hours. I chose the full wrap top but extended the bottom pieces by 1". I like a cropped length, but that would require I wear a cami underneath, or wear it only with high-waisted bottoms.


Obligatory selfie! I read a lot of reviews, and this top seems to run large. I cut out the smallest size, XXS and still had to take a 1" chunk out of the back, on the fold. The fit is much better now, but the neckline is a little floppy right at the shoulders/neck.


I tend to have a difficult time with wrap style tops staying where they need to be - they ride up because my waist is much smaller than my hips or where I'd generally like a shirt to end. I also cut the ties too short, so I can only tie this in the back, which can be uncomfortable while sitting in a chair or driving.






You can see the back seam line, which I took out after I constructed the top to get it to fit. I transferred that change to my pattern, so the next time this is made it'll be cut on the fold with no back seam.

This wonderful knit is from Girl Charlee's January KnitFix! I love the large cuff bands and I do like the look of a wrap top. Hoping to make this one again, and perhaps do a 3/4 length sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Post Previous Post Home